backpacking to Pulau REDANG Island (Part 1)

bore with Kuala Lumpur (KL) traffic & hectic, i decided to backpack to the one of the MOST popular island in Malaysia, Pulau REDANG Island. a full reward for myself after a month stressing in 'my life box' for living.

im taking a night bus (recommended) from Putra Terminal, Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Terengganu Terminal, Terengganu. why a night bus?? its because i can save my 8 hours boring journey with sleeping while covering my accommodation for 1 night ;p he2.. there is several choice of bus (air-conditioned) with price of RM40-RM45 per journey.

not much to tell about the journey as im focusing on the Avatar movies before i got asleep. there is no toilet in a bus but u can answer your 'nature call' at the pit stop at Chendor R&R after 4 hours ride. fair enough, aite ;p

about 5am, the bus arrived at Kuala Terengganu Terminal. i starving! obviously there is a lot of 'Nasi Lemak' Terengganu style at the terminal. if you are not into that, there is McDon at the terminal too.

after having my late supper, im asking the direction of Syahbandar Ferry Terminal from the locals. it just 5 minutes walk from the terminal (no need to take a cab). 6am.. its a Subuh prayer time. walking in the same direction to ferry terminal, i drop by at Sultan Zainal Abidin Mosque (White Mosque) to do my obligation to my Creator, Allah =) i take a bath & rest at the mosque before the sun rises.

its a beautiful feeling while having my 'sunrise bath' at Syahbandar seaside. breathtaking & absolutely PRICELESS!!

by the ferry terminal is Pasar PAYANG Market which sell a lot of items from locals souvenir to a convenience daily items. obviously the market is seperate to wet & dry market. im having my breakfast here. Nasi Dagang & Nasi Minyak is my interest. gladly they serve it here for the breakfast.


there is a lot of time before my ferry call (10am), so i decide to go for sightseeing to Istana MAZIAH Castle & Bukit PUTERI Hill (walking distance).

after pay my RM100 (return) ferry tickets & RM5 conservation fee, im leaving the land toward Pulau REDANG Island with Sejahtera ferry.

to be continue..

*Pulau REDANG Island Packages

3 comments:

Hostels said...

I like the design of their buses... it's colorful and fun to watch.

Rio Pousadas

Cairns hostel said...

Once again a nice contributing blog with source of info. Thanks and glad to be here. Good work!

Azizan Zolkipli said...

Thanks for highlighted the 'White Mosque'. I realized that not all Malaysian know the existing of this mosque ...